Wednesday, June 21, 2017

June 21 - Kristina Burdine

Today was our 3rd day of actual service. It was filled with fun and laughter and learning a few more songs in Creole. We have two amazing interns, one from right here in Haiti. Jean Marc goes to school in Oklahoma and enjoys teaching us Creole, even with our American accents. It's been such a blessing to have him as one of our interns. We've heard his story on previous trips and it's great getting to know him. We are having a blast.

Our project today was painting a house. I wish we could post a picture to show you. It looks beautiful. I was excited when we were using more than just the cream color. The houses we painted the last two years were completely painted in cream.Today's house was cream, white and pink! I still ended up painting only the cream color...hahaha! I was so proud of everyone for giving it their all. I look forward to sharing photos when we return.

The food has been great. It never disappoints. Rice and beans and plantains and some other stuff :)

I'm having a great time getting to know the students and the other two adult chaperones. It's been a week filled with a lot of hard work and tons of laughter. My cheeks hurt from laughing so much. It will be sad to see it end in a few short days.

The week is going by so fast. Tomorrow is our last day of serving in Haiti. We are all looking forward to it, even though the girls all have to wear skirts all day in the village. It was nice wearing shorts all day today. It will be another day filled with blessing others and being blessed ourselves in the process.

It's almost time for dinner, team devotions and then shower and bed :)

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Blessings,
Kristina Burdine

No comments:

Post a Comment